My top 12 favorite movies:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird--characters that you'd want to know personally.
2. Twelve Angry Men (1957 version)--great story that unfolds entirely in a jury room; diverse, interesting, believable characters and dialogue.
3. Apollo 13--true, intense, inspiring drama; quotable dialogue.
4. Braveheart--brings history to life. Great story; Mel Gibson in a kilt.
5. Sixth Sense--Suspense and a great twist. Watch the DVD extras.
6. Cool Hand Luke--Paul Newman is so good looking it’s painful. And Luke is just plain cool.
7. Shawshank Redemption--Great story, great characters, great ending.
8. The Usual Suspects--Clever caper that keeps you guessing. Made me love Kevin Spacey.
9. Wit--True to life; wrenching. Emma Thompson acts the crap out of this role.
10. Toy Story--Clever and LOL funny, and not just for kids.
11. House of Games--Suspenseful con game that fools you to the end.
12. A Man for All Seasons--True, inspiring, fascinating story of Sir Thomas More.