Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Homework Doom

I need homework help. I'm having a hard time helping my third grader with his social studies homework. We were trying to name the states on a blank U.S. map, and I was really struggling. (Don't mock me until you try it yourself.)

And forget about helping the sixth grader with his power point presentation in French on Impressionism. He left me in his academic dust two years ago.

Sometimes I know the answers, but I don't know how to help them without giving them the answers. Like when they're doing math problems. I can do basic math, and even a little algebra. (Not much more, however.) But when it comes to helping them, I have no idea how.

This is why I'm not a teacher, and why I'm not home-schooling.

Next year I'm going to have another kid doing homework. I'm doomed.

Was this covered on Parent Orientation Day?

No comments: