- Wait, what? Jack just agrees to go and babysit a world leader during an imminent radiological attack? When he's in the middle of the action, he's going to willingly get into a minivan and go for a drive with a politician? Nuh uh. I call lame plot device.
- Nothing good ever comes from a man with a black goatee.
- PresidentTaylor to toady: We can't give in to the terrorists--"Not unless you're intent on destroying our moral authority!"
- And also: "Caving to any terrorist demand weakens this nation immeasurably." These are examples of what Dave Barry likes to refer to as "wooden dialogue" created by the "wooden dialogue generator."
- Hmm. Another plot-device heart attack. I remember that happening in Season Whatever when Wayne Palmer's girlfriend's rich, old husband collapsed and MorallyAmbiguousSherry stopped Girlfriend from giving him his meds.
- I thought they were supposed to take President Hassan alive so they could turn him over to the terrorists. When did that change?
- Did that tunnel get longer for the trip back? Or am I just confused by all the shooting?
So, it looks like some fun times are ahead for next week's two-hour episode: the inimitable Gregory Itzin will be back, which can only mean delicious trouble.
Also from the previews: "Tick-tock, Mr. Bauer. You are running out of time."
Aaahhhh. I love the smell of subtext in the morning.