Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only 11 Shopping Days Left!

Hey there, fans. As you are well aware, and perhaps weary of being frequently reminded, I love presents.

You may not be aware, however, that my birthday is quickly approaching. I wanted to give you plenty of time to shop and to make sure there are no duplicates, so I thought I'd do you a favor and get my birthday list out there early. (It's not too early, actually; I started writing this post a week ago, and now we're already well into my birthmonth, which I calculate from 30 days prior to my birthday, starting on May 3.)

So--what I'd like for my birthday. Not that I'm materialistic or anything.

1. Diet Coke.

2. World peace.

3. Basketball hoop and backboard (on the back of the garage).

4. Framed movie poster for The Green Room.

5. More loyal Green Room fans.

6. Old wood pencils, red marbles, and red dice. (I have a decorating theme going in The Green Room: clear glass candy jars, each with a theme: wine corks, red marbles and dice, scrabble letters, and old pencils.)

There you have it. Go forth and shop! Or make world peace. Your choice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You call that a wishlist?! I've got you beat. I went over to www.thethingsiwant.com Now THAT is shameless! However, I always add the disclaimer that no gifts are necessary and that what's most important is for them to show up to my party.

Anonymous said...

E., when you get back home tomorrow, you'll find your cold birthmonth present in the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Jacob:

I definitely second the basketball hoop notion. Now that would be awesome! That would totally be the new Nate's Trampoline.

Anonymous said...

OK, if you insist, I will give you #2.

Unknown said...

You guys crack me up.

Lilia: I'd never add a disclaimer and say "no gifts," because then I might not get any.

Mr. P.: Thank you, darling.

J: New Nate's Trampoline! Hee.

Cube: Thank you.