Lilia has tagged me with a friendly little meme, so here's your opportunity to learn some random things about your Green Room host:
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? I was probably in the hospital with A. Peevie, who was born with complex congenital heart defects and spent a lot of time in the hospital during his first two years of life.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)? Finish up a project for a client (I don't just write for free on my blog, you know. Sometimes I have to pimp my writing out to clients who will actually pay for it); laundry; dishes; blog; and spend too much money at Costco.
3) Snacks I enjoy: Almost anything salty and crunchy, plus most anything covered in chocolate.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: The thought of being responsible for that much money makes me sick to my stomach. Seriously, it does. You can't just put it into a foundation, because then you have to hire people to run it, and make sure they're doing a good job.
I'd be happier with a million or two--enough that Mr. Peevie wouldn't have to worry about dipping into savings when my income is a bit too sporadic, and enough that I could help my friends and family when they get stuck. Oh, and enough so that I could get cable like every other household on the friggin' planet.
5) Places I have lived: Suburban Philadelphia. Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Stillwater, Oklahoma. Pekin, Illinois. Chicago, Illinois. That's it.
5b) Places I would want to live: London. San Francisco. Sanibel Island, Florida. Bucks County, PA.
6) Jobs I have had: Babysitter. Waitress. House cleaner. (Oh, be quiet.) Newspaper proofreader and headline writer. Freshman composition instructor. English as a second language instructor. Fund raising (development officer). Marketing/PR professional. Publications coordinator. Freelance writer and consultant.
7) Six peeps I wanna know more about (and in no particular order): J. Ro, KTBZ, Cube, Hammerdad, TerriB and Alaska Bookworm.