Saturday, April 14, 2007

Virgin Green Room Post

Welcome to the virgin Green Room post, from your blog host, E. Peevie. We'll be talking about all sorts of things here, including books, movies, TV shows, language, parenting, Jesus, and much, much more.

I'm new to blogging, so you'll have to be patient while I maneuver the learning curve. I"ll try to learn quickly.

Today I finished re-reading Bridge to Terabithia, anticipating that my kids will want to see the movie, and I always want to read the book first. I remembered from my long-ago first reading that there was tragedy, but still it took me by surprise, and I was surreptitiously wiping tears from the corners of my eyes as I was reading on the train.

So, the obvious question is, what does the bridge mean? Why did Jess build it? I'm going to think about these things before I write what I think.

Meanwhile, I'd like to invite you to visit one of my favorite online communities, if you haven't already: LibraryThing.com. Oh, man. It's so cool, it's like opening a fire hydrant at a Chicago block party in August.

OK, that's all for now. Gotta go catch the latest installment of Battlestar Gallactica with Mr. Peevie. It's our bonding time.

No comments: