Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Grateful Heart

Yesterday M. Peevie and I walked out the front door to head over to gymnastics. It was a cold, rainy, miserable day.

"Mom, isn't it a beautiful day?" M. Peevie said to me as we held our coats over our heads and ran for the car.

"I guess so," I said dubiously. "What makes you say that, honey?"

"Well, everybody always says 'Isn't it a beautiful day' when the sun is shining and it's warm outside, but God made all the days, and we should be thankful for them," M. Peevie innocently preached; and I smiled in my heart.

It's Thanksgiving Day, and here's a tiny sampling of what I'm grateful for:
  • M. Peevie and her optimistic, cheerful, friendly personality.
  • A. Peevie and his originality and cuddliness.
  • C. Peevie and his tender heart and great sense of humor.
  • Mr. Peevie and what a great dad and husband he is.
  • Forgiveness.
  • Friendship.
  • A warm home.
  • A whole year with nobody in the hospital.
  • The Sermon on the Mount.
  • Books like The Glass Castle and The Kite Runner and Bridge to Terabithia.
  • My church.

There's so much more, but I must baste my turkey now. Peace, gentle readers; God's blessings on both of you.

No comments: