"Mom, isn't it a beautiful day?" M. Peevie said to me as we held our coats over our heads and ran for the car.
"I guess so," I said dubiously. "What makes you say that, honey?"
"Well, everybody always says 'Isn't it a beautiful day' when the sun is shining and it's warm outside, but God made all the days, and we should be thankful for them," M. Peevie innocently preached; and I smiled in my heart.
It's Thanksgiving Day, and here's a tiny sampling of what I'm grateful for:
- M. Peevie and her optimistic, cheerful, friendly personality.
- A. Peevie and his originality and cuddliness.
- C. Peevie and his tender heart and great sense of humor.
- Mr. Peevie and what a great dad and husband he is.
- A warm home.
- A whole year with nobody in the hospital.
- The Sermon on the Mount.
- Books like The Glass Castle and The Kite Runner and Bridge to Terabithia.
- My church.
There's so much more, but I must baste my turkey now. Peace, gentle readers; God's blessings on both of you.